Once upon a time...

Just can't stop admiring those beautiful hand writings back then. There were a few examples of them already in my second to last post, but I have to continue about this subject. Not everybody had that good writing, of course, but those who wrote a lot, maybe it was an important part of their occupation, for example. Or maybe others just were blessed with that kind of skill naturally. 

I have one box that says "Once upon a time..." on it's lid. The box itself is not old, but it's very suitable for restoring my old cards. The text is so good in this case. 
 


Here I have chosen a few of them:


Then a closer look at them:



In this card above, which has been sent to my grandmother in the year 1922 at September, one of her friends wishes her "Have a happy fall!", simply as that. 

The next one:



This has been sent to bride and groom (granny and grandpa) in 1925. It says in it: "Wishing you joy into the days of happiness and love to the days of hardship!" The sender is my granny's friend. 

And here we go:



This postcard has been send by the same friend as the previous. It has been sent after she had heard about my granny's and grandpa's engagement, so it should be before the previous one, if we would go in time line. It has a very beautiful message:"Have many bright and sunny days! Sweet nights of moonlight and a lot, lot of love! And the happiest time of engagement!" 



This card above is, as seen, a Christmas card. It simply says "A Merry Christmas!" The sender is a man, not known to me, and sent to my grandmother 1923.

The next and the last this time:



This card has been sent 1924 and it is at the same time a wishing card ("Have a nice Aino's day!") and there is also thanking of the invitation my granny had made to these people, who secretful way have only their initials here, but known to my granny of course. 

So here were some of my treasures, there are so plenty of them and each of them are carrying a message of the days gone almost one hundred years ago, once upon a time...

Comments

Popular Posts